This tribute was written as a goodbye present for Steve Lacy on his departure to Boston after a thirty year stay in Europe. This is not a definitive biography of Steve Lacy, nor a complete musicological analysis, but a collection of highly individual reactions to Lacys art.
The book contains:
- More than 50 photos and illustrations of Lacy and his colleagues;
- Personal reactions on the art of Steve Lacy by Evan Parker, Fred Van Hove and Mal Waldron;
- Two music sheets especially conceived for Lacy by Joëlle Léandre and Mikhael Bezverkhny;
- An essay of Fernand Tanghe that situates Lacy in music history;
- An essay of Olivier Braet that analyses Lacys main literary sources of inspiration;
- Rita De Vuyst describes Steve Lacys performances in Ghent, his cooperation with Evan Parker, and the exposition in Ghent that was dedicated to Lacy;
- The full transcription of a long, never before published interview with Steve Lacy on his favorite writers and artists;
- A final word of thanks by Rita De Vuyst in the form of a personal impression of Blossoms, Steve Lacys goodbye-concerts in Belgium.
Excerpts (in pdf format) at Café Afkikker
To order a copy (book + CD):
Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
A copy costs 33 euros without shipment, and 35 euros with shipment anywhere in Europe.
A 33 euros copy can be collected in Café Afkikker, St. Kwintensberg 52, B-9000 Ghent (Belgium).